Scabies is an intensely itchy skin rash. It is caused by an allergic reaction to a tiny insect (called a mite), which burrows under the skin surface. Scabies is easily spread and will not go away without treatment.
A-Scabies Anti-Scabie Lotion is used for the treatment of scabies.
- For adults & children 2 years of age or older: Apply thoroughly to whole body from the neck to the soles of the feet, paying particular attention to the areas between the fingers and toes (including under finger and toe nails), wrists, armpits, genitals and buttocks. Do not apply to the head or face. Leave the medicine on for 8-14 hours then wash off completely.
- Infants and children between 2 months and 2 years of age, should be treated under medical supervision only.
- Infants under 2 months: Not recommended.
- For adult or children aged 12 years or older - use 1 bottle
- For children aged 5-12 years - use up to half a bottle.
- For children aged 1 to 5 years - use up to quarter of a bottle
- For infants aged 2 to 12 months - use up to one eighth of a bottle.
One application is generally sufficient to clear the scabies infection. If you are uncertain about the success of the treatment consult your doctor.
You may still experience persistent itching after treatment. This is not usually a sign of treatment failure or an indication re-treatment is required. Itching usually persists for a few days, maybe even weeks after treatment, even though the mite has been killed. This is because it takes time for the allergic reaction to subside.
Permethrin 5% w/w
- Avoid the area around the mouth and the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with plenty of water immediately.
- This medicine is for external use only. If you or anyone else you think have ingested this medicine, immediately telephone your doctor or the National Poisons Information Centre (0800 POISON or 0800 764 766 in New Zealand) for advice, or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency Centre.
- A-scabies occasionally causes side effects in some people e.g. burning, itching, numbness, rash, redness, stinging, swelling or tingling of the scalp.
- These are usually mild and will pass quickly. If you notice any of the above problems and they worry you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed. Protect from light.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.