Benzac AC Moderate Strength 5% Acne Gel is a proven treatment to treat moderate acne, containing Acrylates Copolymer (AC) beads which act to absorb oils and release glycerin to moisturise dry/irritated skin. It also contains benzoyl peroxide which kills up to 94% of acne-causing bacteria, unblocks pores, blackheads and whiteheads.
Always begin treatment with either 2.5% or 5% BENZAC AC. Provided your skin tolerates the lower strength gel, your doctor or pharmacist may recommend continued treatment with the higher strength gel. BENZAC AC is a spot treatment and should only be applied to affected areas
- Step 1. Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water and pat skin dry.
- Step 2. Apply a thin film of BENZAC AC to the affected areas once daily, leaving on the skin for 2 hours then washing it off with water then pat skin dry.
- Step 3. Apply a light moisturiser which won’t clog pores.
After three days, if no discomfort is felt, apply BENZAC AC in the evening and leave it on all night. After 7 days, if there is no redness or peeling and your skin is still not improving, apply BENZAC AC twice a day morning and night.
How long you will need to use BENZAC AC will depend on how quickly your condition improves. After you have used it for one month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist again so they can check the
Active: Benzoyl peroxide 50mg/g;
Inactives: docusate sodium, disodium edetate, polaxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
- Keep away from eyes, lips, mouth angles of the nose, mucous membranes and sensitive areas of the neck.
- Do not apply on damaged skin.
- If excessive swelling, irritation, redness, blistering or peeling occurs discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and other sources of ultra-violet light particularly at high altitudes or where the ground is snow covered.
- Do not use Benzac AC if you have shown hypersensitivity to any components of this product.
- During the first weeks of treatment a sudden increase in peeling will occur in most patients, this is not harmful and will normally subside within a day or two if treatment is temporarily discontinued.
- If applied excessively, no more rapid or better results will be obtained and severe irritation might develop. In this event, treatment must be discontinued and appropriate symptomatic therapy should be established.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist prior to using Benzac AC if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Benzoyl peroxide can cause fabric to discolour on contact. Use with care.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.