A deep cleansing, non-medicated hypertonic saline wash that helps relieve nasal congestion and sinusitis.
A hypertonic solution is ‘saltier’ than regular saline to gently draw liquid out of the sinuses and help break down this mucus. The higher salt concentration also helps with severe swelling and mucus build up.
A natural way to help relieve congestion
- Helps relieve colds & flu, sinusitis and hayfever
- Deep & thorough wash to clear excess mucus
- Draws mucus out of the sinuses to help relieve sinus pressure
- Hypertonic saline solution
- Suitable for post operative nasal care
- Non-medicated and preservative free
Before commencing to use FESS Sinu-Cleanse® you will need to boil 200 mL of water then allow it to cool until luke warm. Do not use with boiling hot water.
- Empty contents of one sachet into the FESS Sinu-Cleanse® squeeze bottle (Fig. 1).
- Pour previously boiled luke warm water into the bottle to the line marked ‘FULL’ (Fig. 2).
- Place cap and tube onto the bottle and screw on tightly. Place finger over opening of cap and shake the bottle gently until the powder dissolves (Fig. 3).
- Lean or bend over a basin and place the cap gently inside the right nostril ensuring the tip is pointed towards the back of your head (Fig. 4). Keeping your mouth open, gently squeeze the bottle in a pulsing action. Whenever the soft squeeze bottle needs to fill with air, remove it from the nose before you release your hand pressure. This prevents “suck back” and helps to keep the remaining solution clean.
- Allow approximately half of the solution to wash through the nasal passages and sinus cavity and come out of the left nostril (Fig. 5).
- A small amount of the solution may enter your throat. This is not harmful.
- Using the remaining solution, repeat this process in your left nostril.
- If necessary, blow your nose when you have finished.
- Discard any remaining solution you do not intend using within the next 2 hours.
- Wash bottle, cap and tube thoroughly after each use and allow it to drip-dry.
- For best results use FESS Sinu-Cleanse® once or twice daily or as directed by your doctor or specialist. This bottle is a mixing bottle for your convenience of use only. It is not a measuring device.
Each sachet contains: Sodium chloride (20mg/ml when reconstituted), Sodium bicarbonate, Xylitol.
- FESS Sinu-Cleanse® should not be taken orally and should be kept out of reach of children.
- Do not use if your nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection.
- Discontinue use if wash causes pain or excessive irritation.
- If symptoms are not relieved within 2 days, consult your healthcare professional.
- The FESS Sinu-Cleanse® Squeeze Bottle should not be used for any other purpose.
- It should be discarded if damaged or discoloured in any way.
- If your doctor or pharmacist does not recommend FESS Sinu-Cleanse® for your child, Children’s FESS® or FESS Little Noses® may be suitable.
- The sachets contain the solution in dry powder form. Keep in a cool dry place below 30°C. Keep out of reach of children
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.