Molaxole Powder Sachet helps you to have a comfortable bowel movement even if you have been constipated for a long time.
Molaxole Powder Sachet increases the volume of faeces by binding water leading to a normalisation of motility in the colon. The physiological consequences are an increased movement of the softened stools and easing of defaecation. The salts in the formulation help maintain the body's normal salt and water balance.
- Adult and children over 12 years: take 1 sachet , dissolved in approximately 125 mL water, daily. Can increase to 2 to 3 sachets daily if necessary.
- Faecal impaction as diagnosed by a doctor:
- Adult and children over 12 years: the dose is 8 sachets a day taken within 6 hours. You may need to take this dose for up to 3 days. If you have a heart condition do not take more than two sachets in any one hour.
- Macrogol 3350 13.125 g
- Sodium chloride 350.7 mg
- Sodium bicarbonate 178.5 mg
- Potassium chloride 46.6 mg
When it is made into a drink with 125 mL of water, each sachet gives the equivalent of:
- Sodium 65 mmol/L
- Chloride 53 mmol/L
- Bicarbonate 17 mmol/L
- Potassium 5.4 mmol/L
PHARMACY ONLY MEDICINE
Do not take Movicol if your doctor has told you that you have:
- an obstruction in your intestine (gut)
- a perforated gut wall
- severe inflammatory bowel disease, like ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, or toxic megacolon
- an allergy to macrogol.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding, talk to your doctor before you take Movicol.
Laxative products such as Movicol have the potential to interact with other medications, by altering their absorption. Close monitoring of the effects of your medications may be necessary when you commence or cease to take Movicol regularly. It is important that you should discuss this with your doctor
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.