Well known as the main ingredient of nail polish remover, acetone also has a surprising number of other uses in the home – including glass cleaning and even removing the kids’ scuff marks from walls.
- Nail polish remover for finger nails
- May help remove nail polish spills from fabric – Always try and remove stains as soon as possible after spill. Pour acetone on the stain and gently blot it out. Do not rub in. Repeat until stain is removed and wash garment as normal
- Shoe cleaner – Use undiluted on leather or fabric to clean shoes
- Glass and Porcelain cleaner
- China stain remover – Rub acetone over stains, using cotton bud. Then, wash and rinse china as normal
- Ink and magic stain remover
- Superglue dissolver
- Solvent – Particularly good for oil and grease
Mixture to remove scuff marks from floors or walls:
Mix 1 tablespoon of Home Essentials Acetone to 1 cup water, blend and then rub on floor or wall. Use a gentle cloth or brush that won’t damage surface.
Harmful if swallowed. Read label before use. Causes skin irritation. Clean up if spills immediately. Wash hands and skin after handing.
FIRST AID: For advice, contact Poisons Information Centre 0800 764 766 or a doctor at once. Urgent hospital treatment is likely to be needed. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting.
Always patch test before using acetone on any surface. Some surfaces may be specially prepared or coated. If in doubt, contact the manufacturer before attempting stain removal or cleaning.
Important note on stain removal:
Before you begin, remove as much of the solids as possible, and blot up as much liquid as possible. Dab the stain, don’t rub. Begin at the outer edge of the stain, working your way towards the centre. If possible apply treatment from the back of the fabric. Be cautious with application, by applying too much solvent or rubbing too vigorously you risk spoiling the fabric. Never strengthen solutions if they don’t work. Always rinse fabric and let dry before trying another remedy. If you decide to take fabric to a professional cleaner, tell them what caused the stain and what home treatments you have already tried.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.